INTRODUCTION OF THE MUSEUM
Begin your discussion by talking about museums.
1. Ask students if they have ever visited a museum. Have them describe the experience and what they saw. Allow them to share any personal stories. Write their answers on the board or on paper. Then discuss the definition of a museum. Show the image of the Columbus Museum and ask if any have ever visited this museum.
2. Discuss Museum Manners. Offer examples of appropriate behavior while visiting the Museum.
3. Discuss basic vocabulary.
4. Share with students what they might expect to see while visiting the Museum and what will take place from the time they arrive at school until after the trip to the Museum.
5. Discuss what students hope to see and learn when visiting the Museum.