Rebecca enjoys The Museum’s beautiful historic azalea garden, as well as sharing the rich — sometimes surprising! — history of the Chattahoochee Valley with visitors.
Title: Curator of History/Exhibitions Manager
Year Hired: 2011
Previous Experience: Curatorial Assistant – Historic Columbia (SC)
Education: Master of Arts, University of South Carolina; Graduate Certificate in Museum Management, University of South Carolina; Bachelor of Arts, Kansas State University
- Making Conversation neighborhood oral history and exhibition project. Knight Foundation Fund of the Community Foundation of the Chattahoochee Valley, October 2017 – June 2019. Project Director.
- The We of Me: The Chosen Families of Carson McCullers exhibition, $2,000. Georgia Humanities, January – May 2017. Project Director.
- Shalom Y’All: The Valley’s Jewish Heritage exhibition gallery guide, $700. Southern Jewish Historical Society, October 2013. Project Director.
- New Professional Workshop Scholarship, American Association for State and Local History, 2012.
- Christopher T. Loeblein Scholarship, South Carolina Federation of Museums, 2011.
- Gilder Lehrman Institute History Scholars Finalist (One-Week Scholar), 2008.
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2008.
- Phi Kappa Phi, 2007.