Director of Education and Engagement
The Columbus Museum seeks an experienced, highly organized, and creative Director of Education and Engagement for one of the largest museums in the Southeast. Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, The Columbus Museum has a collection of 18th- to 21st- century American art, decorative arts, and contemporary design, as well as a collection of historical artifacts related to the Chattahoochee Valley. The museum’s grounds feature the beautiful Bradley-Olmsted Garden, designed by the Olmsted Brothers firm in the 1920s for homeowner and noted industrialist W. C. Bradley. The museum is part of the Muscogee County School District, a relationship that offers unique opportunities for collaboration and partnerships.
With a population of 200,000, Columbus is experiencing a renaissance that includes a thriving, beautiful, and historic downtown riverfront. Cultural amenities include the Springer Theater, the River Center for the Performing Arts, and, at Columbus State University, the Corn Center for the Visual Arts, Schwob School of Music, and Bo Bartlett Center.
The Director of Education and Engagement is responsible for the management, implementation, and evaluation of all educational programs, including broadening and developing new museum audiences through engaging, inclusive, and participatory programming. The Director of Education and Engagement promotes and advocates for the educational mission of the Museum within the community. The Director of Education and Engagement has the opportunity to collaborate on a new interactive educational space within the museum, now in its earliest planning stages. As part of the Museum’s senior management team, this position reports to the Director and leads a departmental staff of four that includes the Academic Programs Manager, Youth and Family Programs Manager, part-time Community Outreach Coordinator, part-time administrative assistant, and a docent corps of 30.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of American art and/or history, current educational theories, museum education methodologies, and administrative experience.
-A master’s degree in art history, history, or museum studies or commensurate experience in combination with a bachelor’s degree.
-Five or more years’ experience designing and managing quality educational programs for diverse audiences
-Expertise in current educational theories, methodologies, and curriculum standards.
-Ability to cultivate a collaborative team environment.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ease in connecting with visitors.
-Commitment to collaborating with community partners and working with diverse audiences.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and full benefits. Interested applicants should visit the Muscogee County School District website at https://mcs.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=2406 to submit an online application. For further information, please contact Patricia Butts at email@example.com. This position is open until filled.
Museum Shop Attendant
The job of the Shop Attendant is to oversee the Museum’s Shop, including selling products and providing excellent customer services to patrons of the Museum. The Shop Attendant is responsible for greeting customers as they come in the shop, assisting with receiving, pricing, displaying, restocking shelves, dusting, and cleaning are also required.
This part-time job reports to the Shop Manager and the Deputy Director, Operations.
– Offer a welcoming greeting to all customers as they enter the shop for the purpose of making the customers feel welcome.
– Initiate conversation, ask open-ended questions to determine customer needs for the purpose of meeting their needs.
– Communicate information regarding product details to customers for the purpose of making sales.
– Accurately answer routine questions/inquiries in a helpful and courteous manner for the purpose of providing customer service.
– Maintain cleanliness of shop for the purpose of upholding Museum standards.
– Uphold customer service standards for the purpose of providing excellent customer service.
– Inform customers of our in-store specials and promotions and their advantages for the purpose of making more sales.
– Utilize add-on selling for the purpose of maximizing sales.
– Handle cash, change and operate the cash register including credit card machine and be somewhat familiar with our Quick Books POS system for the purpose of processing sales as quickly and efficiently as possible.
– Always thank the customer for visiting the store and encourage them to return for the purpose of providing excellent customer service.
– Ensure stock levels on the sales floor are maintained continually for the purpose of maximizing sales.
– Organize merchandise on the sales floor, keep shelves and fixtures fully replenished and the drink machine stocked for the purpose of maximizing sales.
– Keep merchandise and supplies in the closet organized for the purpose of maximizing sales.
– Offer customers a chance to purchase a membership to the Museum for the purpose of maximizing membership revenue.
– Offer customers a chance to round their purchase up to the nearest dollar for the purpose of maximizing donations to the Museum.
– Maintain an awareness of theft deterrents for the purpose of controlling theft loss.
– Communicate sources of potential loss to management for the purpose of controlling theft loss.
– Report all shop thefts or damaged merchandise to the Gift Shop Manager for the purpose of controlling theft loss and inventory levels.
– Answer the phone in a professional and pleasant manner and be proficient with the Museum phone system for the purpose of providing excellent customer service.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform essential and other functions of the job with limited supervision. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: demonstrated organizational skills; good communications skills; excellent customer service skills, excellent project and time management skills.
KNOWLEDGE is required of: computer based cash register system, Quickbooks Point of Sale system and Microsoft Office products.
ABILITY is required to: understand good customer service practices, customer management, sales techniques, cash management and provided equipment.
Part-time, Thursday 5:00-8:00, Saturday 10:00-5:00, Sunday 1:00-5:00
Email Brooke Starling, Museum Shop Manager/Buyer at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. No phone calls, please.